Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Living at 1037





So you wonder where we might be living? Here of course! Must save every penny as we upgrade. Well, it's not so bad. We have 50% electricity and running water. The electricity is only on the first floor and basement and the water is cold. We don't have a shower, so what's the big deal? We shower at the gym, or school, or a knock on a neighbors door if all other options are unavailable! Upstairs is very cozy-lots of clothes, dressers, and lamps in the front bedroom. Downstairs, in the "wine cellar," we have created a kitchenette, dining, and family room-don't people call that a great room? Breakfast consists of granola bars, yogurt, or fruit. Lunch is a sandwich for me and chef's specialty for Mike at work (I get ham, Mike gets shaved meat with a seafood sauce, soup, cookies, and whatever delicacies come his way-lucky guy) Dinners include microwaveable options, grilling, sandwiches, and chips or crackers. There is no shortage or diet coke or water-the rule is that as you take one out, you put one in. A minifridge can really hold alot of stuff! Conveniently enough though, we have awesome friends (also our neighbors) who have us over or go out and dine with us! Leftovers are always a hit too! And lastly, in the evening we both grab a flashlight and illuminate our bathroom and hallway as we brush our teeth and set the alarm clock. It's really not so bad. I do need to change the battery on the clock as I do every summer at the start of the school year; it is the same round, pink 12-hour tick-tock I have had since 2nd grade? You know when 012 benetton was the only brand I wanted my mom to buy me? I love that clock!
Otherwise, it is back to school, early morning exercise for both of us, work, dinner, a bike ride, and bed. That's pretty much our story now!

No comments: